As each week goes by we get one week closer to the NFL Draft! The NFL has still yet to say where and how the draft will be held, but it’s going on and teams are scrambling here in the final two weeks to get ready for this year’s draft. With that, here is my latest edition of Mock Draft Monday just two weeks before the real draft gets underway!
- Bengals-Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
- Redskins- Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
- Lions- Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State
- TRADE: Raiders- Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
- Dolphins- Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
- Chargers- Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
- Panthers-Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn
- Cardinals-Mekhi Becton , OT, Louisville
- Jaguars- Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina
- Browns- Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
- Jets-Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
- TRADE: Giants-Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
- 49’ers-CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
- Buccaneers- Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
- Broncos- Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
- Falcons- CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
- Cowboys- K’Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU
- Dolphins- Josh Jones, OT, Houston
- Raiders- Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
- Jaguars- Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
- Eagles- Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor
- Vikings-Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
- Patriots- Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
- Saints-Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
- Vikings-Zack Baun, EDGE, Wisconsin*
- Dolphins-Grant Delpit, S, LSU
- Seahawks- Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
- Ravens-Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
- Titans-A.J Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
- Packers-Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
- 49’ers- Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
- Chiefs- D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
WE HAVE A TRADE!!! This is the first time I have ever done a trade in a mock draft and maybe there will be more trades down the line so stayed tune! The Las Vegas Raiders trade up to the 4th overall pick with the New York Giants and select Tua Tagovailoa in exchange for the 12th overall pick, a 3rd round pick (80th overall), a future 1st and a future 4th round pick. There are a lot of quarterback needy teams in this draft. The Miami Dolphins, Los Angeles Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots you name the list goes on. But watch out for the Las Vegas Raiders. Derek Carr for the moment is still the starting quarterback. He still has 3 years left on his deal carrying a $21.5 million dollar cap hit to the Raiders. The contract is going to be difficult to move, but so I thought was Nick Foles and the Jaguars were able to deal him away. That particular Nick Foles trade showed me teams will do anything to get a quarterback, even if it means taking on a terrible contract.
So here is a potential scenario I’ve laid out. With the Raiders taking Tua 4th, the Miami Dolphins go ahead and select quarterback Justin Herbert of Oregon with the 5th overall pick. This then screws the Los Angeles Chargers. They could take quarterback Jordan Love from Utah State, but that is way too big of a reach. This worst case scenario could see the Chargers move down and try to acquire more picks. OR maybe after the draft the Raiders somehow work out a deal to send Derek Carr to the Chargers as a way to have a quarterback not named Tyrod Taylor. I know that scenario is really unlikely, but the Raiders have full control of the draft board. The Raiders are in Las Vegas now where everything is big and showstopping. You have to win over the people of Las Vegas and give them a reason why to go to games. What better way then to draft a future franchise quarterback and potential superstar for the next decade? I know the Raiders and quarterback aren’t being rumored about right now. But if any teams have the assets and motivation to pull off a move like this, it would be the Las Vegas Raiders.
Also of note is I have 6 wide receivers going in the 1st round now. You have the combination of this being a deep draft class along with dozens of teams needing help at the wide receiver position, you are going to see a lot of them come off the board. Guys like Jalen Reagor of TCU and Denzel Mims of Baylor are rising as consistent 1st round picks in numerous other mock drafts. We could see maybe one or two guys sneak their way in late in the 1st round, but 6 players of any one position going in the 1st round is already a lot. So just be prepared in a few weeks to see a run of wide receivers.
Make sure you tune into “Drive Time Sports” at 5:00 on thescore1260.com as I break down my mock draft even more and Paul “BoyGreen” Esden reveals his latest mock draft as well! Just hang in a little bit longer NFL fans because the draft is just around the corner!